Restructurings and Turnaround Management
We provide turnaround management services to under-performing companies. This primarily involves restructuring existing debt facilities and/or attracting new money. Very often the success of a turnaround is driven by the ability of the client to attract new lenders and/or investors. Elan Capital is uniquely qualified to bring new money to difficult situations because of the long-established affiliations of our Specialty Finance business unit. Our Turnaround services include:
Elan Capital's Turnaround Management area participates on behalf of lenders or management. Our services can be for the exclusive use of the CEO or we can lead a team that involves key members of management as well as outside advisors, which typically include counsel and accountants.
- Restructuring/replacing existing credit facilities.
- Negotiating debt forgiveness with existing lenders.
- Arranging debt-for-equity swaps.
- Participating as an advisor or full-time member of the management team.
- Sheparding a client through the Chapter 11 process, if necessary, which includes:
- Arranging DIP financing.
- Coordinating asset sales, as necessary.
- Filing the Plan of Reorganization.
- Arranging Exit financing.